Two months ago a mysterious package arrived at my doorstep:
A few days later this arrived and the mystery was solved:
I already had Mystery Case Files for the DS but nothing like it for the Wii, so naturally I was curious and quite excited to try it out. I think one of the best ways to describe the Malgrave Incident would be to compare it to the old school I Spy books, remember those? And how awesome they were? And how you could spend hours finding AL OF THE THINGS!? Yeah so put that into game form and finding things and having a purpose and going back and forth doing “missions” and you have this game.
The main objective of the game is to help out the mysterious Winston Malgrave by completing several tasks on his island to help him and his wife. In the process you attain clues and solve puzzles and explore the desolate island and it’s all very creepy and very cool. I’m always expecting things to pop out and scare me with the bizarre music playing in the background but luckily that hasn’t happened yet since I’m a bit of a wuss.
Matt and I tried the competitive format once and it was okay. But really we liked doing the full game even though it’s one player only. We played together as the one character and helped each other out on the puzzles and figuring everything out, basically we’re a good team and we love this game. Although we’ve yet to beat the game I love where it’s going and the puzzles are fun and get the brain working, which is always a good thing when you’re in front of the TV.
So if you’re a fan of puzzle games I highly recommend this game for a fun night with the Wii.
*I was provided this game from Brand About Town & Nintendo free of charge and as a nice surprise, but all of the thoughts are my own*
One of the coolest booths at BlogHer was the P&G “Home Away from Home” House. They did it last year and I didn’t really get to explore but this year I made an effort and along with Allison and her friend we checked out every room and took silly pictures and had an all around good time. For completely the questionnaire and filling out a form we were eligible to receive a whole package of P&G goodies that would be shipped to us directly at home.
What a fabulous idea right?
Well fast forward to this past Wednesday when a giant box arrived with my name on it from P&G. You guys, it was like Christmas! There were so many fabulous things included it was amazing. And some of the arrivals couldn’t have been more perfectly timed like body wash (mine just ran out) and Swiffer duster (I just tossed out our old one).
Here’s what the P&G box included:
- 1 roll of Bounty paper towels
- 1 bottle of Frebreeze Air Effects Refresher
- 1 bottle of Frebreeze Fabric Refresher
- 1 Swiffer 360 Duster Kit (seriously obsessed!)
- 2 samples of Cascade Complete Action pacs
- 1 bottle of Downy in-wash scent booster
- 1 sample of Tide washing machine cleaner
- 1 box of Tampax Pearl tampons
- 1 box of infinity maxi pads
- 1 Gilette Venus proskin razor
- 1 jar of Vick’s Vapor Rub
- 1 bottle of Vick’s Natural Fusion cough syrup
- 1 box of Vick’s Natural Fusion cold & flu relief
- 1 bottle of Ivory simple clean body wash
- 2 CoverGirl NatureLuxe mascaras
- 3 boxes of Pantene damage repair
- 2 bars of Oil of Olay body
- 1 box of Oil of Olay 2-in-1 daily facial clothes
- 1 bottle of Olay Regenerist wrinkle revolution complex
- 1 USB drive with lots of useful water saving info
Isn’t that just a plethora of awesomeness? God I feel so adult getting excited over a duster, haha. In any case, I plan on trying out most of the things in here (no can do with some of the washer stuff since we don’t have one) and reviewing some of my favorites, so stay tuned into my confirmation of adulthood and excitement over P&G products, haha.
*P&G sent me all of these goodies and all opinions and squeals of lameness are my own, obviously*